Garments identical in style and material also appear different depending on the wearer’s body shape, or whether the garment has been washed, folded, mended, or is new. The story featured may in some cases have been created by an independent third party and may not always represent the views Fashion News of the institutions, listed below, who have supplied the content. Faster than anything else, what we wear tells the story of who we are – or who we want to be. I cannot put into words how amazing it feels to know that, because of FSF’s financial support, I have a lifeboat for next year.
- During your second and third years industrial placement, competitions and industrially linked ‘live’ projects allow you to contextualise your prior learning and further develop your practical competencies to work collaboratively to industry standards.
- With your toolkit of hands-on, collaborative methods and global support network, you enter prepared for sustained success in your field or in advanced studies.
- The four major current fashion capitals are acknowledged to be New York City, Paris, Milan, and London, which are all headquarters to the most significant fashion companies and are renowned for their major influence on global fashion.
- Training and Teaching Others — Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- The DiscoveryLAB is an immersive showcasing environment to discover and connect with new emerging brands and collaborations within the creative industries, exploring the intersection of fashion, music, art, photography and performance.
During your second and third years industrial placement, competitions and industrially linked ‘live’ projects allow you to contextualise your prior learning and further develop your practical competencies to work collaboratively to industry standards. Our Facilities / Northumbria School of Design has been fitted out with state-of-the-art facilities and the latest in design technology. Technology is embedded throughout the course with tools such as the ‘Blackboard’ eLearning Portal and electronic reading lists that will guide your preparation for seminars and independent research.
You’ll create designs informed by market research and inspired by history, art, and culture. Throughout, you’ll master advanced technologies, build presentation skills, and choose from a menu of design electives to customize your studies. The program culminates in a required internship and a senior collection guided by acclaimed designers who serve as mentors.
A definitive guide to Kate Middleton’s style
The wage at which half of the workers in the occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. Median wage data are from the BLS Occupational Employment and Wage Statistics survey. The Similar Occupations tab describes occupations that share similar duties, skills, interests, education, or training with the occupation covered in the profile.
Social Orientation — Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job. Perceptual Speed — The ability to quickly and accurately compare similarities and differences among sets of letters, numbers, objects, pictures, or patterns. The things to be compared may be presented at the same time or one after the other.